The Permanent Account Number (PAN Card) is now a crucial requirement for nearly every citizen in the country. Whether opening a bank account, conducting financial transactions, or filing income tax returns, having a PAN Card is essential. Due to these reasons, it is strongly recommended for all citizens to apply for a PAN Card.
This article will guide you through the detailed application process for a new PAN Card online. The application typically takes around 15 days, with the PAN Card reaching you in approximately a month.
PAN Card Application Process
You can apply for a PAN Card through two methods:
You can apply for a PAN Card online using your Aadhaar Card through both methods. Below, we will go over the application process for both methods in more detail.
Applying for a PAN Card Online with UTIITSL
If you want to apply for a PAN Card through the UTIITSL PAN portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the UTIITSL PAN Service Portal - https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/.
- On the homepage, click on the option "PAN Card for Indian Citizen/NRI."
- Follow the instructions provided on the portal.
- After this, a new page will open where you will see three options - Apply for a New PAN Card, Regenerate Online PAN Application, Download a blank PAN.
- You can choose the first option to proceed.
- As soon as you click on the first option, the FORM 49 page will open in front of you.
- Here you will have two options, the first option is to apply for a physical PAN card, and the second option is to apply for a digital one.
- Select the first option here because in this article, we are providing information about applying for a PAN card online.
- Then you will see two options - Aadhaar based e-KYC option, DSC Mode. Select the Aadhaar based e-KYC option here.
- After this, at the bottom, select your PAN Card Mode, and here, select Both physical PAN Card and e-PAN.
Note - The Physical PAN Card will be sent to the applicant's address as per the application form. The e-PAN card will be sent to the applicant's email ID as per the application form.
- Then, a new page will open where you will be provided with a reference number. Keep it secure until you receive the application number.
- Now, one by one, enter your personal details, document details, contact/family details, address details, etc., in the PAN Card Application Form and click on submit.
After this, you will receive your application number, which you can use to check the PAN Card status. This is how you can apply for a UTI PAN Card online.
Applying for a PAN Card Online with TIN NSDL
Besides the above process, you can also apply for a PAN card online through the NSDL portal. To complete this, you need to follow the steps below:
- First, visit the official website of the Tax Information Network of the Income Tax Department - https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- On the homepage, you will find the option "Online PAN application." Click on it.
- After that, the PAN card application form will appear. Here, enter all the required information such as Application Type, Category, Title, Name, Email, Mobile Number, etc.
- After this, proceed to complete all the steps such as personal details, contact details, document details, etc.
- After this, eSign using your Aadhaar card and the registered mobile number, and then you will be directed to the payment page. You can make the payment using UPI, NET Banking, and cards.
- After the payment, you can obtain a PDF of your application. This PDF will contain your application number, which you can use to track the status of your PAN card. If needed, you can also reprint your PAN card in case of loss.
Additionally, your physical PAN card will be delivered to the address provided within one month. Meanwhile, you can use the e-PAN card received via email.
PAN Card Application Fees
the PAN card application fees can vary based on different factors, such as whether the applicant is located within India or overseas. Here are the general fees for PAN card applications:
For applicants within India:
- The fee for processing and dispatching the physical PAN card within India is typically around ₹93 (including Goods and Services Tax - GST).
For applicants outside India:
- If the communication address is a foreign address, the fee for processing and dispatching the physical PAN card is higher, approximately ₹864 (including GST).